The blog of Richard Thompson, caricaturist, creator of "Cul de Sac," and winner of the 2011 Reuben Award for Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Deadline Cow


Instead of posting that awful deadline clown again, here's a cow. It's a deadKINE, if you're up for a crummy pun, and who isn't on a Wednesday?

This was another Why Things Are illo, and if I recall it ran in tandem with a drawing called something like Why are flies so cute?, the joke being that I had comically mixed up babies and barn flies, those being the subjects for that week. I'm still waiting for the laughter to start on that one. But that's the best cow I've ever drawn, and I've been trying to draw cows for over forty years.

4 comments:

Kid Shay said...

ha ha!

JoshM said...

I love a crummy pun any day of the week!

But ... um ... shouldn't there be at least another cow to make it "kine"?

And it's not really dead ...

But I do love the cow.

TimM said...

Love the cow too. Just curious, what size are your original drawings? I like to draw really small and enlarge my drawings.

richardcthompson said...

Yeah, the pun was a stretch, and if I had an ounce of sense I'd edit it out.

Timm, it's about 5 or 6 inches squarish. I used to draw really small, and I like that effect you mention where they're enlarged so the line quality really shows.